Remember eqoa?

Discuss topics not related to World of Warcraft. Post some of the dankest memes or just shitpost. Whatever.
Doomy
Registered Member

Remember eqoa?

Post by Doomy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:24 pm

I found this new EQOA blog with reminiscences by a guy who used to play back in the first few years after it started. It brings back some memories. If you scoll down a bit you see he put up an old zone map. Man, that place seemed a lot bigger than WoW. Maybe it was just becasue running without SoW was so much slower than 310 flying mounts.

http://eqoa.wordpress.com/
Kordolin
Legacy
Legacy

Re: Remember eqoa?

Post by Kordolin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Doomy wrote: Man, that place seemed a lot bigger than WoW. Maybe it was just becasue running without SoW was so much slower than 310 flying mounts.
Some places just took forever to run to, even with SoW, because there were spans of 4-5 zones without any coaches. In WoW, pretty much every zone has at least one flight path.

I actually resubscribed both my accounts last May because I was feeling nostalgic. DH was dead so I remade on CLW like it seemed most people had done. I was dual box leveling an elf cleric and alc. They have this thing now where you get a buff that gives 4x xp so it was really easy to grind super fast even with one dps and a healer and my alc tanking. I got to around level 35, and while I was having fun and going to some places brought a surge of great memories, I realized there was really nothing to play for. I would hit 60 easily and could grind CMs, but then there was really nothing to do but farm or level new characters. There were still end game guilds, but getting caught up with all the quests and stuff I would have needed would have been tough. If I could have had all my characters and items from DH on CLW, then it might have been worth playing since I could keep all the work I put into them, particularly some of the longer quest chains (ugh, some of that camping was painful). So I only payed for the one month and unsubscribed both accounts.
Sit vis vobiscum.
May the dp/dt be with you.

- Support Muphrid! World of Mechanicscraft | Scaling Mechanics
- Complete Mage Compendium
- Proven Mage Theorycrafting
Kordolin
Legacy
Legacy

Post by Kordolin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:21 am

I read a lot of that blog... it actually makes me want to go back AGAIN, I don't know why. I sold my second PS2 though and don't have a second TV at school, so it's unlikely to happen.
Sit vis vobiscum.
May the dp/dt be with you.

- Support Muphrid! World of Mechanicscraft | Scaling Mechanics
- Complete Mage Compendium
- Proven Mage Theorycrafting
Doomy
Registered Member

Post by Doomy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:47 pm

I also tried to log on again, but for some reason I'm had trouble hooking my old PS2 back up to the Internet. I think I need a new cable. I would't really play, but I would like to just run and see the place again. There's just something about your first MMO, it calls you back.