Rift

Discuss topics not related to World of Warcraft. Post some of the dankest memes or just shitpost. Whatever.
Rokrayne
Legacy
Legacy

Rift

Post by Rokrayne » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:48 pm

Rift
I apologize for not playing much, I tried, but I can’t get interested again. I’m sure it’s for many reasons, not just one or two in particular. Anyways, I obtained a beta invite….or 3 from a game called Rift, http://www.riftgame.com/en/ , it comes out March 1st.

First I want to qualify that I am NOT hardcore into gaming anymore, nor do I feel I will ever be. I like the low stress, little drama atmosphere. Hell, I’m less than a year from 50 years old…….how much can my heart handle, lol……I beat you Salary!
I spoke to CP last night and got his blessing on using The Exiled name on whatever server I decide, and whatever faction I decide. I am leaning towards a pvp server. That brings the next point, I want to extend an invite to anyone who wishes to come over and spend some time on the game to join the guild. If you wish to chat with me about things ahead of time feel free to email me at: duanekautz@gmail.com , and now you know my real name…….

This weekend will be the 3rd beta test I will be involved in, and I will NOT lead you astray, other than the wide variety of talent ( soul ) trees, and the Rifts that randomly drop from the sky, this game isn’t anything phenomenal or extra special. The crafting is similar to all the other games out there, the movement and fighting is similar. Unfortunately there’s only one starting area per faction. All it is, is a different environment, and a laid back atmosphere.

Like I said, there’s some pretty cool talents……er, soul trees: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html , and the rifts add a very cool twist to the game. If you know you want to join the game, I suggest the online collectors pack, at an early purchase. Out of all the items they give you as a bonus, the most helpful I have seen through beta will be the extra bag ( satchel ). It seems like I am running out of bag space quickly.

Any questions, throw me an email. I have an early start date to start the real game, so when I figure out what server ( shard ) we’ll be on, I will let people know. I am not here to try and pull anyone away from Vathral or start any hardcore guild, so please don't leave for something better........it's just different.

Thanks, Rokrayne ( Duane )
Whoever says Paper beats Rok is an idiot. Next time I see someone say that I will throw a rok at them while they hold up a sheet of paper........
Terryn
Legacy
Legacy

Re: Rift

Post by Terryn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:56 pm

I was on the "Open" beta that they had last week and i was honestly impressed. The way you can pick multiple classes is pretty bad ass imo.
EX-Retadin extrordinare
SC2 - ex-Masters zerg
DOTA2 Feeder
Levels faster than vathral
Rokrayne
Legacy
Legacy

Post by Rokrayne » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:34 pm

I like it at level 50, you'll have 4 specs, that when you're not in combat you can change at any given time. Especially when pvping. Also, your name or class does NOT appear to any of the opposing factions, so targetting the healer is very difficult.........for both sides!

Rokrayne
Whoever says Paper beats Rok is an idiot. Next time I see someone say that I will throw a rok at them while they hold up a sheet of paper........
srazdoknebil
Legacy
Legacy

Post by srazdoknebil » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:06 pm

WTB server naem, plox.
The Goal: Slack
The Method: The Casting Out of False Prophets
The Weapon: Time Control
The Motto: "Fuck 'em if They Can't Take A Joke"
Rokrayne
Legacy
Legacy

Post by Rokrayne » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:27 pm

I'm going to the Deepwood, shard (server).......... Playing a defiant. The Gaurdian faction seems to have too many little kids playing at this time.
I'll be playing a healer named Rokrayne........