Wildstar

Discuss topics not related to World of Warcraft. Post some of the dankest memes or just shitpost. Whatever.
Kordolin
Legacy
Legacy

Wildstar

Post by Kordolin » Sat May 03, 2014 4:07 pm

Hey all,

Just stopping by to see how some of The Exiled folks have been doing.

If anyone is looking for a new MMO, I'm considering playing Wildstar when it comes out in early June. From what people have been saying in the betas, it's looking like a solid game. It's got a bit of an action-RPG look, kind of like TERA. Consider looking into it if you might be interested, they are supposed to start an open beta sometime in the next few weeks.

Hope everyone has been doing well.

~Kordo
Sit vis vobiscum.
May the dp/dt be with you.

- Support Muphrid! World of Mechanicscraft | Scaling Mechanics
- Complete Mage Compendium
- Proven Mage Theorycrafting
Vathral
The Exiled
The Exiled

Re: Wildstar

Post by Vathral » Mon May 12, 2014 5:33 pm

I have a couple of people from the TE raid group that are looking into playing this game, but he was beta testing it from the start and he says that he worries about the game's success given the number of bugs it still has. Have you heard otherwise?
Kordolin
Legacy
Legacy

Post by Kordolin » Wed May 14, 2014 6:26 am

It's fairly buggy for being only 3 weeks away from release. It does seem to be a concern for a lot of the people who have been playing the beta for several months (e.g., the big UI 2.0 update introduced a lot of bugs, and replaced what people felt was a better interface). On the other hand, I think some people expect too much polish from newly-released MMOs, and seem to compare fresh releases to established/successful/polished games like WoW. They forget how buggy and unbalanced WoW was for the first several months.

The biggest negative for me is that there is no established lore to draw you in and the story of the game isn't all that exciting, but maybe that changes a bit at higher levels. It's been like the opposite of SWTOR, where I really enjoyed the main quest path story for the few classes I played.

Despite all of this, there seems to be a lot of hype for the game. The combat system is fun enough and has enough potential that I'm willing to give them the chance to fix and polish things, even if it takes until after release.

I was willing to give Bioware a chance because good story+lightsabers but SWTOR tanked anyways, so maybe I'm wrong to give Carbine a chance to finish polishing Wildstar.
Sit vis vobiscum.
May the dp/dt be with you.

- Support Muphrid! World of Mechanicscraft | Scaling Mechanics
- Complete Mage Compendium
- Proven Mage Theorycrafting
Redrum
Legacy
Legacy

Post by Redrum » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:36 pm

It's coming along quite well so far. The biggest draw for me is the warplots and raids: the boss encounters are the best and can be very unforgiving. Vath, you would blow a gasket lol, the telegraphs spiral and take up the whole room, lots of fun.

Anyways, I hope you have all been well. I would love to get in on some exiled action if some folks come over. Pergo is the place to be, the queue is a bit nuts but that should settle down soon enough.

Alrighty then, back to leveling my Chua Medic, cya guys later.
I'm the White Rabbit.
Terryn
Legacy
Legacy

Post by Terryn » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:16 pm

I'm giving this one about 2 months before even considdering it, if that.
EX-Retadin extrordinare
SC2 - ex-Masters zerg
DOTA2 Feeder
Levels faster than vathral
Redrum
Legacy
Legacy

Post by Redrum » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:51 pm

Hey man whats up! Are you still playing WoW?
I'm the White Rabbit.
Terryn
Legacy
Legacy

Post by Terryn » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:08 pm

actually recently came back, playing back on windrunner with my dad. Good place to vegitate between homework sessions haha....
EX-Retadin extrordinare
SC2 - ex-Masters zerg
DOTA2 Feeder
Levels faster than vathral