Private Members Forums

Anything goes!
Beerserker
Registered Member

Private Members Forums

Post by Beerserker » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:04 pm

are Private or Special (or whatever) Member Forums really necessary? What purpose do they serve if nothing else than to isolate people that cannot use them? Correct me if i'm wrong, but forums like that seem only to promote some sort of archaic caste system.

Tell me I'm wrong. There must be a need for Private Forums that other guildies cannot access, right?
Faiten
Legacy
Legacy

Post by Faiten » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:09 pm

actually they r for ppl who r not* in guild who cant see them. if ur not in the guild u can still see the other forums
Rayne
Legacy
Legacy

Post by Rayne » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:18 pm

If you want a bunch of people we don't know coming to our forums and reading stuff we say then by all means post in the normal forums. Private forums have been needed since the dawn of time. To discuss things we don't want non guild people to see.

To my knowledge there is no forum that you can't see if your not in the guild. There was a forum in eqoa site that was only seen by officers and i believe ffxi had that as well. But not here yet. and if there was a forum like that it would be for the leadership to discuss things without having to worry about offending someone because everyone could read it.

Where else could we badmouth people?
Tsikura
Administrator

Re: Private Members Forums

Post by Tsikura » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:26 pm

Beerserker wrote:are Private or Special (or whatever) Member Forums really necessary? What purpose do they serve if nothing else than to isolate people that cannot use them? Correct me if i'm wrong, but forums like that seem only to promote some sort of archaic caste system.

Tell me I'm wrong. There must be a need for Private Forums that other guildies cannot access, right?
Lets say you are raiding and you have a competing guild. Would you rather post strats on a public forum where anyone can see it or in a private section of a forum where only your guild can see it?

There are private sections in 99.9% of the forums out there on the internet. Its the best way to keep some privacy and problems within just the guild

:twisted:
Beerserker
Registered Member

Post by Beerserker » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:06 pm

i think i'm being taken out of context here. i tried clicking on the Raid forum, and got a message that i needed Special Access. i understand the need to keep guild business private.
Niin
Registered Member

Post by Niin » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:48 pm

add beerserker, gizaka, fallin to guildmembers as well mike thx
Tsikura
Administrator

Post by Tsikura » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:00 pm

For the next time, http://www.theexiled.com/wow/viewtopic.php?t=7

I would like to keep things more organized this time around :x