Downloading games

Anything goes!
Rayne
Legacy
Legacy

Downloading games

Post by Rayne »

I've been having a hankering for some FF7, and i can't find anywhere to download the game. I did download it from one place and it seems to be the whole game, i have all the cinemas on my computer but it gave me this piece of info that i dont understand:

1. Uncompress the whole stuff into to your ROOT directory.
2. Add ff7.reg to the registry (double click/yes).
3. Change the label of your drive to "ff7disc1", "ff7disc2" or "ff7disc3", whichever disc you're playing on.
4. Run Ff7config.exe and configure. (adding ff7.reg again resets these settings)
5. Run Ff7.exe and enjoy the greatest game ever made!

Notes:

- You will need msmpeg4 and windows media audio codecs to play the videos. Right click on codecs\M$MPEG4.inf and select "Install".

- If you uncompress onto an other drive than C, also edit the ff7.reg accordingly.

- Under Windows 2000 and XP you won't be able to pass the chocobo races due to the incompatibility of the game and the OS.

- If your video card supports it, don't forget to turn on FSAA 2x2.

Needless to say i said, huh, when i read all that. If anyone knows what i can do to make this game run, or if they know of a place i can download FF7 from that will work for idiots like myself, lemme know.
Beerserker
Registered Member

Post by Beerserker »

damnit. that's a hella lotta messing with crap just to play a game. the registry is a messy place to be manually editing stuff. but if you really want to, i can walk you through it.

where'd you get it? i've seen some healthy seeds on torrentspy, and a few active bots on irc.
Rayne
Legacy
Legacy

Post by Rayne »

Just downloaded off Limewire. It was about 650 MB large. A cool part about having this even if i can't play it, all the videos from the gave are viewable.

So i been watching some of them for a while, fun shit. I'll be using some of them in a video or something i'm sure.

I guess i could just walk to ebgames down the street and buy ff7 for playstation. I was just hoping to get it for pc, and it seems the pc version is rare or something.